Sunday, August 23, 2009

Why.

I'm starting this blog so that I can write about and post pictures of things I'm working on in my life as carolinafair. Who is that? Well, the other day I was sitting at my sewing machine while the kids were napping (or pretending to be napping) and I got this old familiar feeling that reminded me of sewing as a little girl, as a teenager, and as a college student. I remembered making dolls and doll clothes, my first pair of knickers (okay, my only pair - who would wear those now?), parachute pants (I'm laughing inside now), curtains for our first house... And I started thinking where is that girl? Somewhere along the way she turned thirty and then there were kids and laundry and lunches to make and the sewing machine got dusty.

But then I heard someone I really admire talk about creating things and how the desire to do so is in us already, and it's not a bad thing. So sometimes those lunches are going to be made after 11:00 p.m., and the laundry will become a mountain, and the kids will get to see me create again. When I find the time, pictures and patterns will show up here (I hope).

So that is carolinafair. She is the girl inside who doesn't have an age. She makes things and fixes things so they can be loved again. She hates store-bought patterns because they never fit right. She wants to write patterns that people can use and then love their creations. And she usually comes out when I sit down at my sewing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...