Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Easy fleece shrug!





So my little girl wants to wear her short sleeved tops again, but even here in Florida, I wish she wouldn't sometimes. I was thinking about making one of those cute crocheted shrugs, but something quicker came to mind - one made of fleece! I love the way that fleece is soft, stretchy, and finishing the edges is optional!

Luckily, I took pictures as I went along, so here's the tute:

Start with a piece of fleece and your cutting tools.

Measure your little girl from wrist to wrist across the back, and around her upper arm. Also measure from wrist to armpit and save that measurement for later. Chloe was 33" wrist to wrist and 8" around her arm. Then cut a rectangle of fleece using the measurements you just took, plus two extra inches each way. (mine was 35 x 10).


Now fold the short edges to the wrong side about 1/2" and stitch down for the cuff edge.



Now to make the sleeves: Remember the wrist to armpit measurement? Take that number and subtract 1. Fold your rectangle the long way (right sides together) and mark a seam from each end that is as long as you just figured. Chloe's was 11". 


Stitch the sleeves using a 1/2" seam allowance.

Try it on her and send her out!



By the way, I can't find anyone to send my little dress to (see last post). If you know anyone with a little girl who wears a size 6 months, please let me know. I really want someone to wear it!

5 comments:

  1. ADORABLE! Such a cute idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea! I love how it turned out. Thanks for sharing at Fun to Craft's Spring has Sprung Party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pattern. I have one question, when you measure from wrist to armpit is that how you make the opening for the arms?
    I don't know if you still have the dresses but I am having a girl in Aug. Contact me Vincentia_Simmons@live.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...