Sunday, November 20, 2011

Chloe's secrets to perfect sugar cookies.

Tonight I had to make sugar cookie stars for my second grader's school class to decorate tomorrow. I made the dough early and let it sit in the fridge for 3 hours to get firm. But then when I tried to roll it out and cut out some cookies the dough was sticking everywhere, I was ruining every star trying to get it off the table, and my two year old was sticking her little chubby hands in everything.

I was getting ready to scream when I heard a calm little voice beside me say "just sit down mom and let me help you. I'm really good at making cookies."

I thought about it for a second and then backed away because she was right, she is good at making cookies, better than me, and she is only 6 1/2.


So I washed my hands, picked up the camera, and decided to get some pictures while she did all the work.


After she rolled out some dough and cut out 6 perfect cookie stars, Chloe decided to share with me her cookie-making secrets:


"First, mom, you have to put lots of flour on everything - the table, the rolling pin, the dough, and your hands."


"The second thing is you have to be happy. When you're frustrated, you don't make good cookies."

 And she's right. She didn't even mind her little sister helping.


Little sister totally agreed with the lots of flour theory.


"My hands are really good with dough. I was just born like that."


I'm so glad.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...