Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Cadie has another swimsuit from me, and the Fabric Fairy is giving away $30 in fabric!



Last month I got this beautiful swimsuit fabric from the Fabric Fairy, and as much as I wanted to make myself a suit with it, I knew I had to test out a free little tutorial that was destined to be featured on SewCanShe.com.

So here it is... I am just thrilled that someone came up with a tutorial for such a darling little suit and posted it for free.







And don't worry, this is not one of those tutorials where everything goes wrong. I love how everything went right!


I started with fabric and lining from the Fabric Fairy...


used up some rubber elastic that I bought on ebay a while ago...


and finished the stretchy openings with a zig-zag stitch. Yes, I know I could have done the double needle thing that everyone raves about and then it would look totally professional. 

But to me a little sign of home-made-ness here or there says 'my mom made this with love.'


But with all the compliments Cadie got wearing this suit last Friday, no one noticed that it was homemade. :)


The other kids had fun too. Cute story... Cadie was terrified of the waves and refused to go near the waterline 


until we saw a dolphin swimming way offshore. So far that I doubt she really saw it when I pointed at it.


But after that she overcame her fear and decided to 'swim with Winter.'


So head on over to SewCanShe.com today to find the tutorial that I used to make this little suit. It's on the 'Kid Love' page. And while you're there enter to win $30 in fabric from our favorite Fabric Fairy!

3 comments:

  1. The suit is darling! I am so impressed you put one together. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is too darling. She is so adorable in "swim in the water"

    And then you'll get to have all the fun when you're washing the sand out afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good articles, Have you heard of LFDS (Le_Meridian Funding Service, Email: lfdsloans@outlook.com --WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740--lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com) is as USA/UK funding service they grant me loan of $95,000.00 to launch my business and I have been paying them annually for two years now and I still have 2 years left although I enjoy working with them because they are genuine Loan lender who can give you any kind of loan.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...