Friday, March 12, 2010

Baby girl dress up for grabs


Okay, so this little dress is a design that I have been working at for awhile now (whenever I haven't been busy at something else). So far all of my trial versions have been for Chloe. Last week I decided it was time to make a different size, so I measured one of Cadie's dresses and reduced the pattern accordingly. As you can see, it turned out a bit too small. She thought I was trying to kill her when I was trying to stretch it over her head. Obviously this design requres more ease (and a bigger neck) than the dress I measured. But I still really like this fabric and the way it turned out. Cadie fits into a size 12 months right now, so I'd bet that this dress would fit a size 6 months baby girl perfectly.

Trouble is, I don't have a size 6 months baby girl.

Does anyone out there have one?

If you do, please let me know! I really want this dress to be worn (and I would LOVE some pictures of a baby wearing it). Leave a comment here with your email address and I'll write you for your real address. If more than one person wants it I'll have to do a drawing or something. I'll send it out in Monday's mail, so tell everyone you know! The only catch is you must promise to send me pictures of your little one in it!

...and here's a picture of the back. I love it when the back has something interesting.

5 comments:

  1. Janey is way too big, but I will take it in hopes of another girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it so much but all the babies in my life are too big

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's cute...I wish I had a little girl to put in it. I especially like the scalloped edge.!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My niece Liliana is 6 months old and she is a tiny 6 month old, so I bet she would fit into it, if you still have it. Its America's daughter.

    This dress looks very similar to the style of smock another sis-in-law made for Mattie when she was 2. It was reversible and she front pockets on the inside and outside. If you want a picture I could email it to you, just let me know on FB or something!

    You make the cutest stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to be creative with cute baby girl dresses. You're doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...