Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"Present" Blanket














I needed a quick graduation present for a good friend who invited our family to a graduation party at the very last minute....(the morning of:) I was determined not to go anywhere or spend any $...I had to use only what was on hand. So...I used the leftover upholstery I has recovered my dining room chairs in 3 years ago and cut it to make a lap-blanket the size of my last scrap of quilt batting:) I arranged some satin ribbon on both sides of the blanket to make it look like a wrapped present and then sewed a bow in the middle. I layed both sides with right-sides facing and then layered the batting on the out-side. I sewed a 1 inch seam allowance all the way around, save one 10 inch opening to turn it right side out. (Like a pillow case) Once it was turned, I pinned the 10 inch opening and sewed it right on the edge continuing all the way around the blanket, giving it a nice finished edge. This "Present" Blanket works great for any occasion...I'm going to do a baby one next....:)







1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...